We are thrilled to announce we have recently received the Bronze Award for Health Schools by reviewing our Healthy Schools provision and meeting the criteria of the Surrey Healthy Schools Programme.
At Wallace Fields we are extremely proud of our family lunchtime arrangements. This involves the children sitting at tables of eight, with the oldest children in the school serving the younger children their lunch; with brothers and sisters sitting together.
Our school meals are cooked on the premises in our own kitchen and we can offer different menu options based on preference:
- Standard menu
- Vegetarian or Vegan
- Have school lunch – prepared in the school kitchen and served in the School Hall. This is free to all Reception-Year 2 pupils under the Universal Free School Meals programme
- Bring a packed lunch – to be eaten in the School Hall.
- No sweets or chocolate of any kind are allowed at school
- No fizzy drinks should be brought into school
- No products containing nuts should be brought into school in packed lunches or snacks
Families who are ‘eligible for Free School Meals’ should still contact the School Office to inform them, even though all children are eligible for free meals under the 'Universal Free School Meals programme'.
Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
The school takes part in the ‘Fruit and Vegetable Scheme’ which enables each child to have a piece of fruit free every day.
Children are encouraged to bring a water bottle into school each day, which can be refilled from our drinking water taps. Please make sure that these are clearly named.
Spring Term Menu
WFIS Spring 2016/17 Menu
We are a "Cool Milk" school - register your child today to receive free and subsidised school milk.
Visit Cool Milk