WALLACE FIELDS INFANT SCHOOL & NURSERY
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITIES 2018-19
CONTEXT: The staff and governors have been fully involved in the development of the school improvement plan. Every stakeholder is fully committed to improving the quality of teaching and learning and the following School Improvement Targets will ensure that we are working towards agreed goals. The children are at the centre of the priorities identified. There are 5 improvement priorities which are clearly written under the following OFSTED headings:
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITY ONE – OUTCOMES FOR PUPILS
To further improve progress in reading, writing and mathematics for SEND and lower attaining pupils
- Review Wave 2 and 3interventions to ensure they have the greatest impact and are providing best value.
- Train staff to ensure quality first teaching in every class.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITY TWO – OUTCOMES FOR PUPILS
To ensure good and accelerated progress for all children:
( specifically in Maths – see maths & english subject lead action plan)
- Closely track individual pupil progress half termly.
- Include book scrutiny and learning walks as part of half termly assessment reviews to closely monitor individual pupil progression.
- Complete half termly gap analysis and identify individuals (red and amber) who need personalised learning opportunities through quality first teaching.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITY THREE - QUALITY OF TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT
To maintain high standards of teaching and learning through quality first teaching
- All staff to adhere to non-negotiables for high quality teaching and learning.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PRIORITY FOUR - QUALITY OF TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT
To ensure same high standards in foundation subjects as in core subjects , all foundation subjects will…..
- Be taught creatively mirroring the same high expectations in them as for English and Mathematics.
- Maximise cross curricular opportunities.
- Show clear progression in all subjects in the children’s books.