At Wallace Fields we believe it’s important to offer parents a full range of Wraparound Childcare options.
Parents can feel confident that their children are safe, happy and well cared for, both before and after school and the children can be confident that they will have a great time too!!
A full range of indoor and outdoor activities are available to suit all the ages, so whether your child prefers a quiet time playing board games, doing crafts, or likes outdoor team games then KidsQuest is the place!
- Shining Stars Nursery -Little & Big Stars.
- Wallace Fields Infant School children
- Wallace Fields Junior School children
- Pupils from other local schools
KidsQuest Session Times Monday-Friday (term time only):
- Breakfast Session from 07:30am-08:50am
- Afterschool Session 15:15pm-18:30pm
- After school club Session (following a WFIS/WFJS activity club) 16:15/16:30-18:30pm
All sessions are booked on a termly basis. Should your child not be able to attend a session during the term we are unfortunately unable to offer a refund.
If you do not need regular sessions each week/term, but require days throughout the term, there is the option of booking on an ad-hoc basis. 24hrs notice is advised.
To book an ad-hoc session, please telephone the school office on 0208 394 0647, during normal office hours of 8:30am - 3:30pm. Select option 2 (not option 4) from the menu and speak to Mrs Emma Miller or Mrs Collette Pasley who will be able to book your child's place in KidsQuest. Please note that ad-hoc sessions are payable on the day via your Scopay account.
Costs for booked sessions:
KidsQuest prices for School aged children from Reception to Year 6
- KidsQuest Breakfast (7:30-8:50 am) - £5.50 per session (£5.75 commencing September 2018)
- KidsQuest After school (3:15-6:30pm) - £12 per session (£12.25 commencing September 2018)
- 'After-club' session - £7.50 (£7.75 commencing September 2018)
KidsQuest prices for Nursery aged children (aged 2-4 years)
- KidsQuest Breakfast (7:30-8:50 am) - £6.50* per session (£6.75 commencing September 2018)
- KidsQuest After school (3:15-6:30pm) - £14* per session (£14.25 commencing September 2018)
*The higher rate is due to higher staff to child ratio
Costs for ad-hoc sessions:
An additional 50p will be added to the costs above for an ad-hoc session
We have a different ‘Topic’ every half term, and then each week our themes fit into that topic. E.g. Autumn term’s focus was Celebrations, and the themes we covered each week were: Guy Fawkes/Fireworks, D-Day/Poppy Day, Halloween, Diwali, and Christmas!
Everything from our activities, down to the food is then themed bringing a level of planning, organisation and fun to each session.
Children regularly get involved with:
- Arts and Crafts
- Games, Dressing up & outdoor play
- Hamma Beads, Word searches and Colouring in
- Story time and 1:1 reading
- Homework iPad time, Gaming on the laptops, & interactive SMARTboard fun!
We have a specific area for Homework & Learning and our passionate and committed staff are always on hand to offer help and support when needed.
We provide a varied snack menu for both sessions to suit all tastes and ensure any allergies are taken into consideration. N:B-this is a light snack and not dinner.